Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Officially Out

I had posted previously how I came out to my mom in January of this year I had wanted to come out to everyone and live openly but I really did not know how people, especially my friends and family; co-workers; and bosses would react.

When my friend, Ryan, met me in Lexington; I opened up to him how I wanted to live openly and come out on Facebook and continue to be open about my sexual orientation. Ryan supported my desire and showed me his post when he came out.

I went back and forth on coming out but ultimately decided to be open about my sexual orientation. I came out on Facebook today and I had many supportive friends. I lost a couple of 'friends' but I don't really care as they were probably people I don't really talk to anyways.

This weight has been lifted and I am so happy that I can be open now.  I have decided that as long as I still have a job, a roof over my head, food on the table, clothes on my back, and my family, especially my mom; then, I am okay and that is all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment