Friday, June 3, 2016

Crushes and Dates

As previously mentioned, I am involved with NAMI Virginia, specifically Youth MOVE Virginia. Back in the early spring, NAMI Virginia put on a youth and family summit. Those of us on the youth advisory board went out to dinner the night before the summit. At this dinner, I met a female to male transgender guy named Ryan that I thought was cute and very sweet. I knew I wanted to talk to him as we had being part of the LGBT community in common. Both of us were from out of town and we ended up staying in the same hotel. Ryan and I ended up talking a good part of the night. After the summit, we exchanged numbers. We talked quite a bit  and I have expressed my interest in him and he has a little crush on me, as well.

We decided to meet in Richmond and go on a casual date. We met up at place in Carytown called Babe's, a restaurant and bar that is LGBT friendly . I wanted to be comfortable as I am not very open about my sexual orientation and he had wanted to try Babe's as he had heard good things about it.

Ryan and I talked about anything and everything. After lunch, we just walked around Carytown talking and holding hands. We also stopped for ice cream at Bev's Ice Cream Shop. I would highly recommend both of those places, if anyone is ever in Richmond.

Ryan and I are still just friends, nothing more. I do not know what will happen, only time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment