Friday, April 8, 2016

Learning to Play Piano

As I mentioned before, I love music. I played saxophone in school and I have a strong desire to learn to play piano and acoustic guitar. I took a semester of piano when I was in college and absolutely loved it. I love the sound of piano and there was something very soothing in practicing and playing in and of itself.

I decided to take the first step in learning to play and bought a piano. It is a gorgeous, cherry wood Baldwin upright. 

I don't remember much from piano days in college, so I am starting out by learning the positioning of the various notes. I am doing this through Youtube and Pinterest. I would like to take a few lessons but to learn everything through lessons is just not feasible for me as lessons cost around thirty dollars for thirty minutes. As far as reading music I am okay as I played saxophone for several years in school and reading music is the same no matter what instrument you play.

I have a few songs in mind I really want to learn to play and then just add to it as I come across other songs I want to learn. The first one is Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) by Green Day. I have seen several covers of this song on piano and it sounds amazing. The second one is With You In Your Dreams by Hanson. The others are Brave, King of Anything, and Gravity by Sara Bareilles.  I also love Tangled Up In You by Staind and True Colors by Cyndi Lauper.

It will definitely take a while to learn all those but it gives me something to work towards.

My piano










1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying perusing your blog this morning. I have always wanted to play the piano as well:) my favorite musical instrument.

    ReplyDelete