Tuesday, July 12, 2016

An Instant Connection

I live down the street from a popular barbecue restaurant. I go in there almost everyday because I love barbecue and it is easy, especially on days I travel. Over the last eight months or so, I have gotten to know a few of the staff members there. One of them is a guy named Brad.  We would talk superficially off and on; then, one day we got into a discussion about school and he mentioned he wanted to get his substance abuse counseling certification and briefly mentioned that it was to help other people due to his past drinking. I was incredibly excited as I don't meet many people who want to go into substance abuse counseling or even want to admit or discuss any sort of drug, alcohol, or substance abuse. I continued to talk to him over the course of several days and finally asked for his number as he hadn't asked for mine at that point.

I text him later that night and got a married woman. I thought maybe this guy wasn't that into me and he gave me the wrong number on purpose. I had to work the next few days after that and didn't see him at all. Then, the day before yesterday, I went back into the barbecue restaurant and he asked me why I didn't text him. I explained what happened. He laughed at me and ended up getting my number.

We started talking and hung out the past couple of days. It is incredibly premature for anything as I just met this guy; however, I think there could be something there. We are going to keep in touch and actually go out on some dates. Hopefully, it will lead to something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment