Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Bid to Get Out Of HPMP Early

I have a year, two months, and three weeks left in the Virginia Health Practitioners' Monitoring Program. That is so much less than what I started with; however, I am ready to be done. My case manager, Mary, my previous case manager, Lisa, and everyone there have been really nice and helpful. I just want to get into grief counseling and I just cannot afford both drug screens and grief counseling. I put my request in yesterday to get out early and my case was staffed today. I was unable to find out the result of the meeting due to my case manager having other business to attend to. I should find out the answer in the morning.

I am anxious to know the result; but at the same time, I am kind of scared they denied getting out early and perhaps even added something else to do. I have been in The Virginia Health Practitioners' Monitoring Program since I got my nursing license, so I don't know what it is like to not have to comply with a contract. I do know upon completion I will get my 'Multi State Priviledge' (Virginia is a compact state) as opposed to having a 'Valid Virginia Only' license. My information will always be public though from what Mary told me.

I will update with the result when I find out.


No comments:

Post a Comment