Sunday, May 29, 2016

Home Renovations: Red Front Door

I have a vision in mind of what I want my house to look like. My house is a gray-tan ranch style dwelling with dark gray/black shutters. The front door was white when I bought the house. It wasn't bad looking but I have plans for a new black roof and the front door was screaming to be painted bright red.

I intially wanted to get a professional painter and I was given a recommendation of someone in the area. I visited a site that gave estimates of project costs with this company. There was no way I could afford them. I wanted to hurry and get the project underway, so I decided to paint the door myself.

I went to my local Sherwin Williams store and found a red that I liked-- Heartthrob. I bought a quart of Heartthrob; went home and started painting.

The color definitely makes my house stand out. I have been doing touch ups daily and adding layers as I have time. It still needs work but I love it. I would say the only bad thing about it is that it makes the paint chipped door frame and old roof stand out. I should be getting a new roof in about a month and after the front door is complete, I am going to work on removing the old chipped paint from door frame and putting new paint on.

1 comment: